Monday, April 03, 2006

Things I see a lot of in my travels

but do not normally buy.

- shower curtain rings, some cool, mostly plastic, but if anybody out there is desperate for, say, some Incredible Hulk shower curtain rings, let me know and I'll keep an eye out.
- needlepoint yarn - 100% wool in 8-10 yd lengths, useful for felting or anything, really. Tons of it out there, again, let me know.
- fabric, unless it's really really special. Or, I buy it because I think it's a tablecloth.
- metal straight needles and crochet hooks.
- acrylic and very occasionally dishcloth cotton yarn.

Things that I almost always buy when I see them in thrift stores

- Interesting tins to keep crafty goods in (requires the sniff test, first!)
- Knitting notions (stitch holders, needle gauges, circular needles, double pointed needles)
- Knitting magazines, unless they are directly marketed to the older set.
- Embroidery transfers
- Interesting crafty goods (eyelet tools and the like)
- Ribbons, trims, beads and sequins
- star wars action figures (mostly the small ones, but I'll take the big ones, too)
- Workbasket magazines with embroidery transfers (you have to check, most are already gone)
- Anything unique and crafty
- Cool snaps
- Unique handbags and scarves
- solid colored neckties
- Whatever else catches my eye, and makes it to the checkout before I can talk myself out of it.
- And in case you are wondering, these are items I would be interested in trading or discounting for.

And then there's a third category which is
Things that come home with me, as there was an interesting item also in the bag with them
- vintage gift wrap ribbon (maybe useful for scrapbooking?)
- random unidentifiable notions for stitching
- even more random things, they'll have their own page, check it out

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, momma, (it's anne, btw.)

I was in the Antique Mall on Main Street today. Go in. Go the central stairs by the door. Go to your left and walk north down the western-most aisle. You will come to a small room full of books. In front of that small room full of books is a booth o' fabric and other crafty things. There is a dresser or table of some sort against the wall. On that dresser or table of some sort, there is an Olde Fashionede make-up travel kit that is FULL of Workbasket magazines. I don't remember the prices, and the few I had time to look through didn't have any transfers in them. But there were a LOT there. Like 50, I want to say.

Also, there were quite a few booths in the store having 15-50% off sales, so browse around some for tins, etc. I saw some and was going to pick them up for you, but I wasn't sure they were your thing or not.

7:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home